Special Events

In brief for July 26, 2006

Big news from the Big Easy Last week, the New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau issued its latest “state of the city” report with information covering hospitality, transportation and health and safety issues. "We continue to work diligently to get the message out nationally and internationally that the New Orleans experience is very much alive," says CVB president and CEO Stephen Perry. To download the report, click here ...

Well, he's behaving like an editor Corporate security agents for posh publishing house Conde Nast were dispatched to a Long Island event over the weekend to nab a suspected party-crasher notorious for claiming to be a variety of Conde Nast editors, says a report from WWD.Com. The party poseur was reportedly kicked out of an event last week not because bouncers realized he was a fake but because he had so much to drink that he fell asleep in his chair ...

Chicago holds on to restaurant show Dignitaries including Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley announced last week that the massive National Restaurant Show will remain at Chicago's McCormick Place through 2011. Host National Restaurant Association had been considering relocating the exhibition--a fixture in Chicago for the last 56 years--to Las Vegas or Orlando, Fla. The show brings more than $106 million in direct expenditures to the city.


Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish