Check Yourself for Food Safety
Does your catering staff practice proper personal hygiene? Check it out:
- Are all employees aware of all the ways in which they can contaminate food?
- Do all employees follow the proper procedure for hand-washing?
- Are all employees aware of the instances when hand-washing is required?
- Do all employees follow the proper hand maintenance procedures, such as keeping nails short and clean and covering cuts and sores?
- Do you provide the right type of gloves for handling food?
- Do employees change gloves when necessary?
- Do you have requirements for proper work attire for foodhandlers?
- Do you require employees to maintain personal cleanliness?
- Do you prohibit employees from smoking, eating or drinking in food preparation and dishwashing areas?
- Do you have policies to address employee illness and injury?
- Do you model proper foodhandling behaviors at all times?