Special Events magazine will showcase eight great design vignettes at The Special Event 2018, Jan. 30-Feb. 1 in New Orleans. The Design Gallery is a highlight of the show floor and the work of our entrants explodes on social media.
PRIZES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS All participants will win a free education package to The Special Event 2018 (a $800 value) and complimentary electronic VIP exhibit hall guest passes for your clients and colleagues, along with extensive media exposure.
The winner and all participants will be saluted at the Opening General Session. And Special Events will promote the Design Gallery—both entrants and their vendors—on social media. To receive the prize package, tabletops must be installed on-site by the judging deadline on Jan. 30; no-shows will not qualify.
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Submit a photo or rendering of your proposed design. Designs are showcased in a 12-by-12-foot space and include seating for 8 guests. Any kind of supports must be ground supported.
To give you a sense of the gallery, here are images from Design Gallery 2017.
2) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
Entries are ranked on the following criteria:
- Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
- Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
- Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
The judges are members of the Special Events magazine Advisory Board.
For more details, click here.