The Incentive Research Foundation has announced the release of its 2019 Trends Study. The study highlights 10 key trends that will affect organizations, their products and services, and the workforce in 2019.
Among the highlights:
• Program designers will need to adopt the test-often, fail-fast, customer-centric nature of design thinking to keep pace with ever-changing technology and content expectations.
• Planners are using helpful new resources to create risk-management and security plans.
• Event gifting continues to grow, with a net of more than 33 percent of corporate buyers saying they were increasing their budgets in this area.
• More than 80 percent of incentive travel program owners are still seeking to decrease costs.
• Transformational travel—which incorporates concepts of wellness, community and personal fulfillment—will continue to push and extend the experience economy even further.