More and more venues are requiring event hosts (such as your clients) to carry special event liability insurance, but finding an affordable solution is not always easy. Often times, event planners are asked to help their clients fill this void and don’t know where to turn.
"By having event professionals offer Markel Event Liability Insurance to their clients, it not only helps protect their client from liability losses, it may also help protect their business,” says Kerri Nguyen, marketing director at Markel Event Insurance. “Event planners and their clients are focused on the planning and execution of a flawless event, Markel is focused on giving everyone peace of mind and the protection they need should the unexpected occur.”
Each year, Markel receives numerous liability claims for things such as:
· Damage to reception hall furnishings, such as couches, mirrors, coffee tables--even toilets and landscaping
· Spills on photography equipment
· Damage to the venue’s floors
· Slips and falls where a guest gets injured at the event venue
· Or even, the ultimate unfortunate liability claim when an over-served wedding guest is involved in an auto accident on the way home
Event Insurance Vs. A Homeowners Policy
Why recommend an event liability insurance policy to your clients versus telling them they may be covered under their homeowners policy?
· Location--Homeowners insurance policies typically cover only the wedding/reception if it’s located on the home’s property, while an event insurance policy will cover events located off the insured’s property as well.
· Liability Limits--Often times, a venue will require a liability limit that exceeds the homeowners policy liability limit. With an event insurance policy, liability limits are offered over $1 million, while most insureds only have about $500,000 personal liability on their homeowners policies.
· Business or Corporate Events--These events typically would not be covered under a homeowners policy.
Markel Event Insurance prides itself on exceptional customer service, and as event professionals, we know you do too. Recommending Markel Event Insurance will give your clients (and you) peace of mind so they can enjoy their event without worry. Policies start as low as $75, and can be purchased online or over the phone in just minutes.
Markel also offers Event Cancellation Insurance to help protect your clients should they need to cancel or postpone their wedding due to such things as: extreme weather, accident or illness of someone in the wedding party, vendor bankruptcy, no-show vendors, and lost or stolen gifts. Event Cancellation coverage starts as low as $130. Clients who purchase both Event Liability and Event Cancellation coverage can save 15 percent.
Enter To Win A $500 Visa Gift Card and Start Protecting Your Clients
It’s easy to start protecting your clients (and yourself). Request free brochures from Markel Event Insurance and provide your clients with an easy and affordable option to protect their special event. Plus, just by requesting a Markel Event Insurance Brochure Kit you have the chance to win a $500 Visa gift card! Visit www.markeleventinsurance.com/sweepstakes to learn more!