Velvet is trending, and it’s better than ever. Its luxe texture, subtle sheen and retro feel make it a sought-after addition to any event design. Known throughout history as an element of luxury, Velvet has been reimagined in a fresh way that feels elegant in a modern--and sometimes even rustic--way. Whether you use it as a subtle accent or incorporate it throughout your entire event, here are five ways you can use Velvet to elevate your next event design.
1. Full-Length Statement Make a bold statement with full-length Velvet tablecloths. Full-length tablecloths showcase the characteristic drape and shine of the fabric, all while tapping into guests’ sense of touch. Use them strategically as a pop of texture or on multiple tables for an all-around luxurious feel.
2. Luxe Ruching While a classic Velvet table runner adds an element of texture and shine to a design, a ruched Velvet table runner takes the look to the next level and beyond. Using a full-size Velvet linen, ruche the linen toward the center of the table to create a “table runner” with tons of movement and light-catching ridges. When styled with floral, votives and props, this look embodies decadence.
3. Pillows that Pop Pillows are a smaller design element that can make a big impact on design, so why not incorporate a touch of texture with Velvet pillows? The soft look and feel of Velvet pillows can be paired with both dining chairs and lounge furniture to help set the scene.
4. Chic (and Comfy) Cushions For a subtle yet stunning way to incorporate Velvet into a design, Chair Cushions are the way to go. Velvet’s characteristic softness lends itself to comfortable seating, while still giving an element of sheen.
5. Accents with Impact Don’t be afraid to venture out from a traditional table setting! Weave Velvet elements into Bar Carts and other displays for a look and feel that’s unexpected, elevated and oh-so-luxurious.
Whether your dream design is vintage-inspired glam or rustic with a touch of luxe, you can incorporate Velvet into a variety of looks no matter the season. Featured in a dining room full of full-length linens or as accent pillows in the after-party lounge, Velvet can elevate a look and entice guests’ senses in a way that’s both on-trend and timeless.
Jill Costa is the social media specialist with Party Rental Ltd., a leading event rental company serving the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions with the largest selection of linens, tables, flatware, chinaware and catering equipment in the country. To view their entire product catalog and place an order for your next event, visit www.partyrentalltd.com