Good news: The deadline to submit a propsal to speak at The Special Event + Catersource 2021 has been extended to Oct. 23.
Here is your chance to showcase your industry expertise at the leading event and catering conference and show in the industry. The combined shows will run July 19-22 in Miami Beach, Fla.
Thousands of event professionals gather at this event to visit an eye-popping array of education sessions, attend an exciting set of showcasing events, network, and browse through thousands of products and services on the exhibit hall floor.
About the education program:
When you are developing your proposal, consider:
• How you can engage the audience, versus just talk to them. Could you incorporate a poll, role playing, networking? Are you comfortable moving off of the stage at times and walking among your audience? Interaction and conversation are key to the most successful presentations.
• What options do you have for your visuals? Can you embed video into your PowerPoint? Make your presentation more interactive versus static slides? Is there a demo you would like to incorporate?
And don't worry--as long as you hit your deadlines, we will help you with ideas on how to shape your presentation into something truly fulfilling for those who attend your session.
More than 120 sessions will span the length of the conference, within tracks such as:
• Business and Professional Development
• C-Level Executives
• Event Management
• Event Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Event Health and Safety
Note: if reading this makes you feel as if your proposal might be a better fit for Catersource Conference & Tradeshow, click here to be taken to that Call for Sessions page. Sessions will be vetted by both staffs, however.
Varied session lengths offer you the amount of time you need to convey your information. Please let us know what feels most comfortable to you. Most sessions are 45 or 60 minutes. Please also let us know if you would be willing to present your session again during a different time frame. Our attendees occasionally have a hard time choosing between sessions and have asked for this!
To submit a session for consideration, fill in and submit the form on the website. The deadline for speaker/session submissions is Oct. 23, 2020, at 7:45 pm CST.
Please note:We cannot accept proposals that have already been presented at another similar industry conference, without prior approval. If you have any questions, please contact Sally Kittredge, event coordinator, at [email protected].
All session proposals will be reviewed by The Special Event and Catersource staffs, as well as other trusted industry leaders. The final determination will be made based on speaker qualifications, originality of the session, conference mix, and how applicable the topic is to the core audience. Most speakers will also be vetted. You will be notified of acceptance or denial sometime in November 2020.
• Double-check that your email address is correct; this is our primary point of contact.
• Your work is automatically saved. You may start your proposal now and complete it any time before the deadline. You may even make edits after you submit, up until the deadline.
• Please ensure that only the first letter of your first and last name is capitalized, and that your bio reflects your professional achievements accurately and briefly.
• If you are a PR representative, fill in your contact details on the form. (You will add speakers on the next page.)
• For each speaker, be sure to fill in all applicable fields and click "Add Speaker" to assign the proposed speaker to your submission--even if that speaker is you. You may add multiple speakers to your proposal.
• If you have YouTube or other video clips of you presenting live, please insert a link into your abstract.
• Please ensure you provide a short list of audience "takeaways" into your application.
All speakers will receive one complimentary Conference Education Package to enjoy all days of our conference and tradeshow and one complimentary Opening Night Party ticket. Note that we have an arsenal of dedicated content and marketing professionals: we will do our very best to promote your appearance on our community website, our official show website, in our printed annual magazine and show guide, via social and email blasts, and on our official mobile app. Any other compensation will be discussed after acceptance of session.
Submit your proposal here.