All photos courtesy WASIO Faces/SpotMyPhotos
Catersource + The Special Event is a place for industry leaders to come together, and that’s just what they did at this year’s Leadership Lunch. Attendees left the familiar Orange County Convention Center (where the Catersource + Thge Special Event conference was held) and arrived at the beautiful Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts in downtown Orlando for the event, where they were served non-alcoholic cocktails and a plant-based menu.
Event chair Heidi Brumbach, CMP, of Technisch Creative.
The theme of the luncheon was “The Courage to Change,” with live performances integrated into the conversation about change. Attendees were delighted with a surprise performance by moderator Anthony Bollotta when he sang “Come Alive,” supported by a cast of singers and dancers. Bollotta then welcomed event experts Lenny Talarico and Kate Patay to join the discussion, diving into the discomfort and resistance to change, the courage it takes to embrace it, and becoming an ambassador for change.
Anthony Bollotta surprised attendees by breaking into song.
Lenny Talarico, Anthony Bollotta, and Kate Patay discuss dealing with change.
Attendees left with several takeaways on change, including:
- Sometimes change is forced upon us. You can only control your own reaction to change, so if you’re in the right mindset and are prepared for change, you can skip the freakout and move ahead logically.
- Sometimes business initiatives fail because the team doesn’t understand the reason for the change. To get the necessary buy in, you have to be inclusive and bring everybody on board to see the big picture.
- Become so comfortable with change that it becomes another tool in your toolbox.
The Steve Kemble Award was also presented during this year’s Leadership Lunch, received by Connie Riley, CMP, CSEP from T. Skorman Entertainment, for demonstrating excellence in leadership skills through service and contributions to the special event and meeting industry.
The Leadership Lunch proved to be a great way to close out the week and celebrate all those who keep serving and inspiring the events industry!
Event chair: Heidi Brumbach, CMP, Technisch Creative
Thanks to our sponsors:
- Technisch Creative
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Lenny Talarico Events
- Terramar, A DMC Network Company
- Event Show Productions
- Entertainment Central Productions
- Bollotta Entertainment
- Eklectic Entertainment LLC
- Bakers Man Productions LLC
- JB Experiences
- Puff 'n Stuff Catering
- WASIO Faces