Hyatt Launches Meet and Be Green Program with Rebate
Planners who pledge to make green choices for their meetings at Hyatt hotels can earn a 3 percent rebate on their master bill. The pledge standards are:
- Recycle during the meeting
- Use products with 100 percent recycled content
- Print materials locally
- Minimize shipping
- Rather than setting materials at every seat, place meeting materials such as handouts, notepads, pens, etc., in a central location so attendees can take as needed
- Maintain room temperatures at an appropriate level
- Eliminate disposable water bottles
- Minimize use of other disposable products such as plates, cups, napkins, and utensils
- Select locally grown seasonal foods when planning the menu
- Plan ahead for the meeting to make it easier and more economical to keep the meeting green
Mission Point Lodge Offers Planner Incentives
Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island, Mich., now offers a variety of incentives for event planners who book and hold a 2010 meeting or event and spend more than $15,000 in room revenue. The options include a $1,000 credit toward the master account, a two-night stay at the property and a 42-inch HD flat-screen TV. The offer applies to new business only. Mission Point Resort is the largest on Mackinac Island, offering more than 38,000 square feet of flexible and state-of-the-art meeting, banquet and reception space, for groups ranging from 10 to 1,000. More than 11,000 square feet of meeting/banquet space is located in the six rooms in and above the Main Lodge, including the 3,050-square-foot Summit Room and the 2,700-square-foot Lakefront and Cypress Lodge meeting rooms.
L.A.'s Wilshire Grand Debuts Weekday Discount
The Wilshire Grand Hotel in downtown Los Angeles is offering a 50 percent discount off rack rates for corporate meetings, rentals, and food and beverage for weekday events held July through September. The property offers 50,000 square feet of versatile event space, a state-of-the-art audiovisual department and a wide variety of restaurants. Groups from 12 to 1,300 can be accommodated in the hotel's three ballrooms and 25 individual breakout facilities.
Click here to send Venue News to us. Thank you!