Inspiration for creating heartwarming events during the chilly season
Summer and fall are great seasons for weddings, and the warm, sunny outdoors is probably what makes these seasons so popular: according to the 2021 Real Weddings Study by The Knot, October, June, and August are the most preferred wedding months. Only 5% of weddings take place in winter, but that’s no reason not to embrace winter weddings.
In fact, there are plenty of advantages to planning a wedding in the winter:
- Lower temperatures mean no humidity and no sweaty wedding party
- More venue availability and better prices (except in December, when holiday parties are rampant)
- Off-season travel prices
- Better attendance is likely due to less scheduling conflict and wedding fatigue
- Indoor venues can be less stressful because of the controlled environment
- Winter charm and beauty is romantic!
- The timing for a tropical honeymoon escape is perfect
- The menu can stand out due to seasonality
- A snowy landscape and even holiday décor can create magical photo ops
For a planner, winter weddings are your chance to show off a different side and flaunt your creativity with unique and novel twists. Here are some ideas for planning a beautiful winter wedding.