If ever there was a perfect setting to celebrate the love story of true music fans, this was it!
Earlier this fall, Ling Fong and Peter Kozak had a stunning wedding at the historic & legendary Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY. They met in the theater's inner-sanctum bar and music club, Garcia's, years ago.
"When I first met Pete & Ling, I immediately knew The Cap was the perfect place for their wedding. They told me the story of how they first met at a show in The Capitol Theatre, spoke of their mutual love for music and showed me the actual spot where they first kissed in front of the stage in Garcia’s," said Emily Schmalholz, Head of Special Events at The Capitol Theatre. Their love for each other and the important role that the theater has played in their love story was incredibly clear. From that day on…I knew I needed to help them create their dream wedding at The Capitol Theatre."
A few event details of note:
- Lyrics to "Our House" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young were written down the aisle
- The ceremony took place under a feather garland multi-layered canopy with blue and green butterflies illuminating The Cap’s wall
- A brass band surprised guests from the balcony after the couple said “I do” and led everyone back to Garcia’s for cocktail hour
- Kozak is in a band that plays the venue often and played during the wedding.
- The party kicked off with multiple bands, a plated dinner, a CYR wheel performance, high energy dance sets and each table named for an artist that has played The Cap
"At The Cap, couples have this unique opportunity to celebrate love on the same stage that music legends have played," Schmalholz said. "Music has this incredible ability to uplift, celebrate and bring people together. Pete & Ling’s wedding embodied all I love about my job, bringing music and love together."
Check out this photo gallery from the event!