Signature cocktails a fixture at special events A total of 37 percent of respondents to the latest online survey from Special Events say they "almost always" create signature cocktails at their special events, while 48 percent say they do "sometimes." Only 13 percent say they "rarely" create signature cocktails for their events …
Don’t lose your Special Events! March will be your last issue of Special Events unless you act now and order your annual subscription. Current subscribers: click here to renew your annual subscription for only $19.95. New subscribers: click here to apply for an annual subscription for only $19.95 ……
Social media becoming essential to events, study says Digital marketing company Constant Contact released a study yesterday showing that social media has become a "critical tool" for event planners. Among the findings:
- 77 percent of small businesses and nonprofits hosting events are currently using social media to market their events, and another 14 percent are planning to do so in the next year.
- The vast majority of respondents using social media said their social media efforts to market events will increase in the next year (81 percent), with the remainder reporting that their level of usage will remain the same.
- Facebookis the most popular form of social media; of those using social media to market their events, 89 percent report using Facebook.
- The top reason (56 percent) event planners are currently using social media is to educate/inform about upcoming events.
- Despite the increased usage/ interest in social media, event planners still rely heavily on “traditional” forms of event marketing (email, online event tools, websites, print advertising) to complement social media event promotion.