AEG, Ogden link to expand in Asia Pacific Los Angeles-based AEG announced last week that it has acquired an interest in Brisbane, Australia -based Ogden IFC to form a new division to operate arenas, theatres, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers across the Asia Pacific region. AEG Ogden’s territory of operations will focus on the Asia region from China through India, including Southeast Asia; the Western Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand; and the Middle East and North Africa regions. In total, this territory encompasses countries with 64 percent of the world’s population, according to a statement from the companies. The joint venture brings to 65 the number of venues affiliated with the AEG Ogden Global Family of Facilities. It also creates one of the largest venue and events businesses in the world …
The Association of Destination Management Executives this week announced the charter class of DMCs receiving their Accredited Destination Management Company accreditation.
The 24 DMCs, representing 33 office locations, met the ADMC program standards and completed a successful review of their application by the ADMC commission. Program standards include requirements that measure the longevity and stability of the company, its commitment to the DMC industry, and its service levels to clients.
"I congratulate those companies who have achieved the Charter designation and applaud them for taking this important step for our industry," said ADME's President Ilene Reinhart, DMCP, CMP. "The program is designed to set the standards and industry best practices for destination management companies and will enable clients to identify professional DMCs when they are searching for an industry partner."
The companies receiving charter ADMC status are:
- ACCESS Destination Services, Orange County, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and San Diego, Calif.
- Accent on Arrangements, New Orleans
- Advantage Destination & Meeting Services, Miami
- Alan Waxler Group, Las Vegas
- Arrangers, Denver
- Atlanta Arrangements, Atlanta
- Briggs Inc., New York
- Destination King, Memphis, Tenn.
- Destination Nashville, Goodlettsville, Tenn.
- Destination St. Louis, St. Louis
- Discover New York, New York
- MAC Meetings and Events, St. Louis
- MetroConnections, Minneapolis
- Newport Hospitality, Newport, R.I.
- PRA Destination Management, New Orleans
- PRA Destination Management, San Diego, San Diego North, Orange County, and Los Angeles, Calif.
- Signature DMC, New Orleans
- Tahoe Experience, Lake Tahoe and Reno, Nev.
- The Event Team, San Diego
- The Key Event and Helen Moskovitz Group, Nashville, TN
- The Meeting Manager, Orange County, Palm Springs, and San Diego, Calif.
- Travel Services, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Ultimate Ventures, Dallas
- Visitours Inc., Louisville, Ky.
The next ADMC application deadline will come in spring.