Do you design tabletops that look better than the guests at the event? Then it’s time to show off your talent. Special Events Magazine will select the best tabletop designs in two budget categories at The Special Event 2013, Jan. 15-18 in Chicago. The Tabletop Competition--a highlight of the show floor--is the industry's premier presentation of creativity and skill in tabletop design.
NEW! This year, finalists will win a free education package to The Special Event 2013 (worth $825) and a free ticket to the "TSE Starts Here" party (a $45 value). Tabletops must be installed on-site by the judging deadline; no-shows will not qualify.
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER
1) Choose your category:
Category 1: Tabletops Under $1,000
Category 2: Tabletops $1,000 and Above
2) Submit a photo or rendering of your proposed tabletop design. Designs should be realistic for an actual event of 20 tables seating eight each.
3) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
4) List the rental retail cost per tabletop, including the cost of floral, centerpiece, linen, serviceware, flooring (if appropriate), etc.
Judges--who are members of the Advisory Board of Special Events Magazine--rank entries on the following criteria:
- Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
- Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
- Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
- Appropriateness: Would this tabletop work at an actual special event?
- Objective: Does the table succeed?
WHERE TO SEND YOUR ENTRY
For consideration, mail or e-mail your rendering and supporting materials to:
Tabletop Gallery 2013
Special Events Magazine
17383 W. Sunset Blvd., Suite A220
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 USA
Deadline: Oct. 19
Questions? Click here.
Note: Participants are responsible for supplying, shipping and assembling all necessary tabletop materials to The Special Event 2013.
Just click here to view our 2012 Tabletop Gallery.