The International Special Events Society, headquartered in Chicago, announced its 2009-2010 International Board of Governors yesterday. The Officers of the Board are:
- President: Kathleen DeLuca, CSEP, CMP, president, Events Plus, Collingswood, N.J. (pictured)
- President-elect: Heather Henderson, CMP, CSEP, operations manager, Cisco Systems, San Jose, Calif.
- Treasurer: Terry Singleton, CSEP, president, CCP Events, Atlanta
- Secretary: Kathy Miller, president, Total Event Resources, Schaumburg, Ill.
- Immediate-Past President: David DeLoach, general manager of entertainment, Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts, Orlando, Fla.
Governors of the Board are:
- Judy Brillhart, Director of Catering, Sheraton Commander Hotel, Cambridge, Mass.
- Paul Creighton, CSEP, Executive Vice President, T. Skorman Productions, Orlando, Fla.
- Jodi Collen, CSEP, director of events and conferences, Augsburg College, Minneapolis
- Gary Jones, CSEP, president, Gary Jones Presents ... , San Antonio
- Linda Thompson, CMP, president and CEO, Cappa & Graham, San Francisco
- Sue Werb, CSEP, president, Simply Elegant Events, Hockessin, Del.
- Kevin White, CSEP, director of production, Empire Force Events, New York
“I look forward to supporting the volunteers and the work they do on behalf of our association and promoting the value of ISES to members, the industry and the business world,” DeLuca said.
With more than 6,000 members worldwide, the society and board are charged with enhancing professionalism in the special events industry through education and networking opportunities.
ISES Eventworld 2009, the society's annual institute for professional development, runs Aug. 6-8 in San Francisco.
Board and Executive Committee member selections are effective Aug. 8, 2009, for fiscal year 2009-2010.