Too busy watching the financial news to send in your Tabletop Gallery entry? Good news--the deadline has been extended till Friday, Oct. 17.
Special Events Magazine will select the best tabletop designs in two budget categories at The Special Event 2009, Jan. 28-30 in San Diego. The Tabletop Competition--a highlight of the show floor--is the industry's premier presentation of creativity and skill in tabletop design.
To enter, follow these steps:
1) Choose your category:
Category 1: Tabletops Under $1,000
Category 2: Tabletops $1,000 and Above
2) Submit a rendering of your proposed tabletop design. Designs should be realistic for an actual event of 20 tables seating eight each.
3) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
4) List the rental retail cost per tabletop, including the cost of floral, centerpiece, linen, serviceware, flooring (if appropriate), etc.
Judges--who are members of the Advisory Board of Special Events Magazine--rank entries on the following criteria:
- Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
- Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
- Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
- Appropriateness: Would this tabletop work at an actual special event?
- Objective: Does the table succeed?
Tabletop Gallery participants will be interviewed for a special feature in our May 2009 issue to describe their creation and execution of their tabletops.
For consideration, send your rendering and supporting materials to:
Tabletop Gallery 2009
Special Events Magazine
17383 W. Sunset Blvd., Suite A220
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 USA
You can also email PDFs of your entry here.
Note: Participants are responsible for supplying, shipping and assembling all necessary tabletop materials at The Special Event 2009.
NEW Deadline: Oct. 17
Questions? Click here.