As a wedding planner, I am always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to market my business and stand out in a crowded industry. Recently, I have discovered the power of short form video and the importance of showing up as myself in my marketing efforts.
Here are three reasons why more event professionals and entrepreneurs should start taking short form video seriously:
- Short form video is easy to consume: With interest in social media platforms like Tiktok and Instagram at all-time highs, short form video has become the preferred method of content consumption for many people. These videos are quick, easy to watch, and shareable, making them an effective way to reach a large audience in a short amount of time.
- Video allows for authenticity: When you show up as yourself in your marketing efforts, it allows potential clients to see the real you and get a sense of your personality and values. This authenticity is important in building trust and forming meaningful connections with your audience. And people are craving doing business with more real people with in today’s world, moving away from the highly-curated visuals. Perfection isn’t mandatory anymore.
- Video is a powerful storytelling tool: short form video is an excellent way to share your brand story and showcase your expertise. By using video, you can share valuable tips and insights, show off your portfolio, and give a behind-the-scenes look at your business. This is a great way to differentiate yourself from competitors and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
So, what types of video content should event professionals create? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Event highlights: Showcase your skills by creating a short video showcasing the highlights of an event you planned. This could include beautiful decor, delicious food, and memorable moments.
- Tips and tricks: Share your expertise by creating a series of videos sharing tips and tricks for planning events. This could include everything from budgeting to the latest cuisine trends leaving your kitchen.
- Behind-the-scenes: Give your audience a glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes by creating a series of videos showing the planning process for an event. This could include meetings with clients, processing a flower delivery, and setting up for the big day.
As I prepare to speak at CS+TSE in Orlando, I am excited to share my insights on the importance of short form video and authenticity in marketing with other event professionals. I hope to see you there!
Hear Shaun speak more on this topic at his Catersource + The Special Event session!
Tuesday, March 28 at 11:15 a.m.
Getting started showing up regularly on short form video with social media networks like Instagram and TikTok can be a little scary, but it doesn't have to be! Shaun recognizes that a lot of event professionals can feel that way, and as a wedding planner himself, he understands. He will be sharing his "5 Tips For Showing Up On Short Form Video" and providing example of content that works, and videos that don't. At the end of the session, he'll also take questions from the audience.