Jobs offered and other resources for special event professionals during the COVID crisis
Special Events Magazine asks: Do you have a job to fill? Need a job? Are you offering free resources? Send an email here--thank you. Listings that meet standards will be posted at no charge.
Event Coordinator, Special Events (Seasonal)
The Event Coordinator is part of a team that develops and produces high end events for the Aerospace & Defense industry. This candidate will oversee all aspects of event planning and management for external special events, and must have experience in planning five-star dinners, and award ceremonies for large business-to-business events.
Event Coordinator Job Duties:
- Creating event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Demonstrating to clients strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
- Planning multiple events at once
Event Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Event Planning Experience, Team Management Experience, Time-Management, Sales, Knowledge of Common Reservation Software, Attention to Detail, Team-Oriented, Strong Written and Verbal Communication, Strong Client-Facing Skills, Marketing Knowledge or Previous Experience, Vendor and Entertainment Research, Initiative, Enthusiasm, Flexibility, Degree in Event Planning or Marketing Preferred
Send responses here.
HELPFUL ARTICLES FROM SPECIAL EVENTS: