We always say that when using good quality AV equipment and with the proper execution by highly skilled professionals, the favorable end result is almost a given. Why? Studies show that the use of AV in schools is highly effective as it stimulates the students better, resulting in improved grades. The same is true for all types of events that require audience connection and participation.
Based on our experience, here are some important factors that every planner should consider when sourcing AV solutions:
1. AV Equipment: Specifying certain equipment for a job is not enough. Although it can be an added value, the latest is not always the greatest. Equipment must be of high quality, well maintained and tested to be able to deliver a fully seamless customer experience.
2. AV Specialist: Professionals who have a wealth of experience in installing and using the gear are the ones to look out for. A well-qualified project manager should be on hand to help every step of the way. He or she must be experienced enough to be able to give technical advice from the conceptual design and planning through to trouble-free execution. Project managers must have a technical team of equal caliber at the ready for support.
3. AV Company: Reliability and credibility are two significant words when deciding which AV company to go for. Organizers should do a bit more research than just looking at the quote submitted to them. A proven track record of running a series of successful events must be seriously thought of before working with anyone. Check out their qualification and certification.
There is a whole load of reasons why pro AV companies exist. Our part in delivering a promising event, whether it’s a small meeting or a big conference for thousands of people, is extremely important and should not be underrated.
Here is a list of reasons why event planners should engage a pro AV company:
1. They can turn a concept or ideas into reality. They visualize the technical concepts using 3D CAD drawings, 2D and 3D renderings as well as photo-realistic renderings and VR presentations of the event to give a realistic impression.
2. AV companies enable the audience to grasp the message and connect with the brand properly.
3. AV companies enhance human interactions, thus leaving a lasting impression on the audience.
4. AV pros provide substantial value and help in overcoming the challenges presented by the event by identifying and reducing potential hiccups from the beginning.
5. And if something does go wrong (as it does sometimes), these pros know exactly how to troubleshoot and find alternative ways so the show goes on. Their technical know-how differentiates them from the amateurs.
The list can go on but the point of contracting a pro AV is to ultimately make the most of the client’s investment.
NEW WORLDS OF VR In the digital world of AV, the use of VR (virtual reality) in events is now a trend around the world. Clients are able to gain a fast impression of ideas for corporate events, new products are easier to grasp, and spaces can be experienced in 3D and with a 360-degree perspective.
VR technology enables the audience to immerse itself in a virtual world in real time anywhere; sales staff experience a training session on product specifications in a brand-new way; draft designs or spatial concepts are made more tangible to customers and their suppliers. Some pro AV companies provide consultation on the use of these innovative technologies, analyze possible usage scenarios, and create corresponding applications. We advise finding VR specialists that support their customers in the creation of individual VR solutions from the conceptual development right through to the technical realization, custom-made to their needs.
Expert event planners know that it is important to get the right kit for their event to be a success. They are fully aware that they can never get this outcome if they do it themselves or leave it in the venue’s in-house system. As AV professionals, it’s our job to achieve their goal and to make their life easier.
Rick Wade is the general manager of Neumann and Mueller Event Technology. He has spent almost 30 years in this profession and has worked on prestigious events such as the World Music Awards, the Brit Awards, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s 50th birthday and the G8 Summit at Buckingham Palace, where he met Queen Elizabeth II. He has toured with top-notch artists such as Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, Elton John, ZZ Top and Tom Jones.