Are your tabletops tops? Special Events Magazine will select the best tabletop designs in two budget categories at The Special Event 2008, Jan. 15-18 in Atlanta. The Tabletop Competition--a highlight of the show floor--is the industry's premier presentation of creativity and skill in tabletop design.
HOW TO ENTER
1) Choose your category:
Category 1: Tabletops Under $1,000
Category 2: Tabletops $1,000 and Above
2) Submit a rendering of your proposed tabletop design. Designs should be realistic for an actual event of 20 tables seating eight each.
3) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
4) List the rental retail cost per tabletop, including the cost of floral, centerpiece, linen, serviceware, flooring (if appropriate), etc.
Judges--who are members of the Advisory Board of Special Events Magazine--rank entries on the following criteria:
- Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
- Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
- Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
- Appropriateness: Would this tabletop work at an actual special event?
- Objective: Does the table succeed?
Tabletop Gallery participants will be interviewed for a special feature in our May 2008 issue to describe their creation and execution of their tabletops.
HERE'S WHERE TO SEND YOUR ENTRY
For consideration, send your rendering and supporting materials to:
Tabletop Gallery 2008
Special Events Magazine
17383 Sunset Blvd., Suite A220
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 USA
Note: Participants are responsible for supplying, shipping and assembling all necessary tabletop materials to The Special Event 2008.
Deadline: Oct. 12
Questions? Click here.
The King Tut exhibit inspired Joanne Hulme of Philadelphia to create 'The Valley of the Kings' (top), displayed at The Special Event 2007 in Los Angeles. Photo by Special Events Magazine.