The International Special Events Society honored its outstanding members during ceremonies in Chicago on Sunday as its annual professional development conference—-Eventworld-—drew to a close.
At its Leadership Luncheon, the following awards were presented:
- Excellence in Membership Growth: Austin Chapter
- Excellence in Member Retention: Toledo Chapter
- Excellence in Member Recruitment: Judy Brillhart and Dave Edwards, CSEP
- Excellence in Communications: Minneapolis-St. Paul Chapter
- Excellence in Programming and Education: Washington D.C. Chapter
- Excellence in Special Projects: Dallas Chapter
Star-struck: ISES staffers play paparazzi as members enter the Leadership Luncheon. Next year's event will take place in Hollywood.
The Washington D.C. Chapter took top honors as Chapter of the Year, while the Southeast Region won the crown of Region of the Year.
Cher Przelomski, CSEP, received the Mettle Attitude Award, while Romaine Pereira was named ISES International Volunteer of the Year. Kellie Mathas, CSEP, was honored with the Robert J. Graves Pioneer Award.
Dale Harmon of Plants Alive in Silver Spring, Md., was installed as the new ISES president. He told the group that “the future is nothing but bright.”
Proud Pioneer: Kellie Mathas, CSEP (right), accepts the Pioneer Award from outgoing ISES president Steve Kemble.
That night, the group staged its black-tie Esprit Awards, recognizing outstanding event work with an emphasis on teamwork. Look for further details in Special Events Magazine.
Time for thanks: Esprit winners toast their teams as ISES hands out awards.
Eventworld 2005 takes place Aug. 11-13 in Los Angeles.