Do you design fabulous tabletops? Then it’s time to show off your talent. Special Events Magazine will select the best tabletop designs in two budget categories at The Special Event 2011, Jan. 25-28 in Phoenix. The Tabletop Competition--a highlight of the show floor--is the industry's premier presentation of creativity and skill in tabletop design.
HOW TO ENTER
1) Choose your category:
Category 1: Tabletops Under $1,000
Category 2: Tabletops $1,000 and Above
2) Submit a photo or rendering of your proposed tabletop design. Designs should be realistic for an actual event of 20 tables seating eight each.
3) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
4) List the rental retail cost per tabletop, including the cost of floral, centerpiece, linen, serviceware, flooring (if appropriate), etc.
Judges--who are members of the Advisory Board of Special Events Magazine--rank entries on the following criteria:
- Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
- Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
- Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
- Appropriateness: Would this tabletop work at an actual special event?
- Objective: Does the table succeed?
HERE'S WHERE TO SEND YOUR ENTRY
Tabletop Gallery participants will be interviewed for a special feature in our May-June 2011 issue to describe their creation and execution of their tabletops.
For consideration, mail or e-mail your rendering and supporting materials to:
Tabletop Gallery 2010
Special Events Magazine
17383 W. Sunset Blvd., Suite A220
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 USA
Deadline: Oct. 8
Questions? Click here.
WANT TO SEE LAST YEAR'S FINALISTS?
Note: Participants are responsible for supplying, shipping and assembling all necessary tabletop materials to The Special Event 2011.
RELATED STORIES FROM SPECIAL EVENTS
Just click here to view our 2010 Tabletop Gallery.